Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stop the press! I've found the meaning of life!

The meaning of life came to me today while I was out hiking with Hannah. It presented itself to me as though it had never been looked for. I stopped and thought, 'How the hell is that so simple, but perfect an answer.' Now, I feel completely comfortable telling you that I know the meaning of life and I'm going to make it public for the first time in the history of human existence, so all wars can end and everyone can stop scratching their heads or turning to God.

The secret to the meaning of life is: Human experience.

There. I said it. I have never been one to become completely wrapped up in an emotion when it comes over me, but today was too strong to ignore. It was as simple as having my feet in the water, literally. Human life is here to experience and nothing more. We're here to do what we love and spread the love we have. I don't think I have it any me to hate anyone anymore. I've always been one to hold a grudge, but for a split second today, I didn't hate anyone. I didn't worry about the things that plague my days.

Okay, so maybe it's not the answer that you're particularly searching for. But, I think it's without a doubt the secret to happiness. Happiness is experiencing everything that you can possibly experience in the short time frame that you have. It's benefiting from the experiences of others put in to art. Happiness is in experience and spreading love.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment